7/18/2013: To get a girlfriend or not
This piece is more addressed to you, Steven. As with almost all my writing or thinkings, not everything I write at a set point will convey 100% of my thoughts. At best, this may just be the tip of an iceberg.
The most important thing is developing your life philosophy. And what’s more important than that is it must be centered on God. God is the strongest force in the universe. Satan is the second. And everything else imagined or created by humans is third. And the ranking is not relative. God is much stronger than Satan and Satan is much stronger than what we can conceive. Without God, we will all lose in the end.
In my bed last night, I struggled with self-identity. I don’t know what to do. Part of me wants to just ignore everyone except God and to just make a living and give money. After all, I suck being social even though I tried many, many times. But that is beyond the point of this blog. Another part of me, the second part, wants me to live like a godly man, like I did back in my latter days in the Army. To ask God and keep asking Him for strength, courage, and wisdom. The three magical words. But the most important is to live with wisdom. If I mess up and I know I will mess up, many times, I’m just going to learn, pray, talk to God, just endure and carry on. What matters is my heart, my goal is in the right place.
But I cannot do that if I choose to withdraw from the world. I cannot choose both. So, since Satan and its forces are the second strongest, anything I create will only be in third place. Not enough. I must then, follow God.
It sucks to stand alone, to be alone, to fight alone. I will fall more easily. But, again, as long as I have Jesus Inside (the T-shirt I’m wearing right now :) ), I’ll still be okay. Gosh, I have a lot more other topics to write about but I need to stay focused.
To get a girlfriend or not. More like to try to get a girlfriend or not. I have been struggling with this issue from almost the beginning and I want to contribute my experience and life on this issue.
As I wrote earlier, the most important issue is not whether to actively find a girlfriend or not, but to choose Jesus. The second most important, and they are not relative to each other, might be finding a life-mate. I have been doing periodic research and intense thinking. I have watched “tutorials” on what to do and so forth. My conclusions are, Steven, that the gold-lining is just to be yourself with God. If a girl comes your way; if God gives you a wife, then amen, so be it. But if not, then you can ask God for a girlfriend, just as Christians tell God of our feelings, but if He doesn’t give you one, then so be it. Your love for Him must not be less or more if He does decide to give you one.
The Bible says that not having a wife is better than having a bad wife (Proverbs 21:9 AND Proverbs 25:24). And I can partly see why. There are disadvantages to having a girlfriend:
(in no particular order)
1) Less time spent on God (Unless your Eve wants to spend as much time with God, too, but even that, there is still less potential time spent on God).
2) Increased cost of maintenance and increased cost in general (Unless you find a thrifty wife such as having dual income, and so forth, but that is the exception).
3) The inevitable fights you will have with your partner (Nobody is perfect, save God).
The benefits of being single (if you can and forgive me if I repeat myself):
1) Less distractions or worries in life.
2) Can spend more time on God.
3) More control of my finances and can save more money.
4) Can have a lower standard of living (such as living in a studio or small house or if I do choose to live in a family house, I have more space so thus, I can have a higher standard of living. Of course, there are exceptions. I’m just writing in general.).
5) Not having to worry about courting or the mating process (Seriously, there are books and books on it. Useless knowledge.).
6) More freedom. (Kind of relates to #1, but I’ll write it as its own.)
Ok, my time is up. I need to get ready for class. But, if you do choose this track, you need not only to be dedicated, but to have some kind of countermeasure just in case your desire gets the better of you. I’m talking about godly countermeasures. Having special dates with God is a good start, but I need to be more creative.